ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasks in priority list

Repeating tasks in priority list
orion9497

Posted: Oct 09, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I use due date sparingly (only for things with true "drop-dead" due dates), and then use the priority and starring for the most important of tasks up next. However, when I setup a repeating task, it asks for a due date (of course); let's say it's an oil change, which is about every 6 months. I have priority of the dates set high because I want to see the truly important ones, but then, since I only have 5 or so tasks with due dates, these tasks always shows up near the top no matter when the due date is ... add 5 of these and it clutters up the top of a smartphone really quick.

So what I will see is all of the tasks with due dates (no matter how far out), then the highest priority others. Is there any way to bury the just finished repeating task so that it gets shown only when its, say, one week away from occurring? That way I won't be reminded to change the oil every day all day when I need to do it 5 1/2 months from now.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 09, 2013
Yes, please use the "Hide future tasks" filter.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=77
orion9497

Posted: Oct 10, 2013
Thank you, I will.

May I suggest for future versions a tag where you can select when the task should be shown? For instance, a task that needs a lot of planning could be seen a month prior to due date, but washing the car could be hidden until a few days before. The tag would be optional of course, but if utilized would override the default "hide" duration set for all tasks.

Thanks for a great product!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.