ForumsQuestionsNo syncing over cell network

No syncing over cell network
ccoronel_1319146542

Posted: Oct 15, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi everyone,

For the past week or so, my iOS app on my iPhone cannot sync with Toodledo over the cellular network. I can sync fine when connected to wifi, just not when I am only on my cell network.

All other apps can access the web and have a data connection over the cellular network, except for the toodledo app. I have tried this over two different cellular networks in two different countries (as I have been traveling), and the problem persists. I have also restarted my device and deleted and reinstalled the toodledo app, to no avail.

Has anyone else faced this problem and found a solution for it?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 15, 2013
I have not been able to reproduce this on AT&T. Can you please tell us what cell networks you were using?
Chris

Posted: Oct 21, 2013
I've been having something like this problem too - I'm on the O2 network in the UK.

For me, it's been intermittent (but frequent), and what's been happening is that Toodledo gets itself into a situation in which it thinks that it's in sync, but the changes I've made on my iPhone haven't in fact synced over. It might possibly be related to signal strength, since I've been in poor signal areas quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. Some syncs have carried out with no problem, and I'm pretty sure - but not certain - that some of them have been over the mobile network rather than Wifi. Since it thinks that the unsuccessful syncs have been carried out ok though, even after the good syncs, some of the tasks on my iPhone are reflecting changes I've made there while the web interface doesn't, which is quite difficult to live with, as you can imagine. Could it perhaps be related to the bug introduced a minor version or two back, in which the iOS app Sync button continues to show "Syncing" for two minutes after the sync has completed, rather than "Wait"?

I've tried purging all the data on my iPhone app and re-syncing from the website, but that hasn't worked. I'm now going to try deleting and reinstalling the app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.