ForumsQuestionsSeparate Folders for Notes

Separate Folders for Notes
TX-CalGirl

Posted: Oct 21, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to use separate Folders for Notes vs Tasks. I found an old forum posting that said that this is not possible, but the post was closed. I am writing to see if a solution has been found.

I really like Toodledo, having separate folders doesn't seem like it would be complicated to set up and it is getting close to being a deal breaker for me. My Notes Folders cannot be set up in a way that is useful for me -- it is just too messy to have the folders I have set up for separate projects in Tasks all show up in my Notes Folder list.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have decided not to make task only nor notebook only folders because it would make folder management and syncing more complicated than we want it to be. For now, there is one set of folders that you can use for both Tasks and Notebooks. Sorry for the inconvenience.
cj

Interesting ... because this decision made folder management quite easy for me - since I simply stopped using them!

The OP is right ...
folders for the notes vs folders for tasks are 2 different things, and using them for both simply cluttered up the folder dropdowns. So - I made the decision just to create folders for the notes only - and disable them in the task list.
mdhuang1

Posted: Nov 22, 2013
How do you set folder for notes or sort notes by folder on the web interface? It does not seem to have that option. In other words, the folders for notes are invisible from the web interface.

Did I miss something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2013
If you have the folder fiend enabled in your account settings, then you can put notes into folders by editing the note and then clicking the folder drop down menu at the top of the note.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.