ForumsQuestionsLists on iPhone App

Lists on iPhone App
Brad_L

Posted: Oct 23, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I created a grocery list using the web and would love to have it at the ready while at the store but cannot find it on my iPhone app. am i missing something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 23, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
The Lists and Outlines sections are not yet available on the iPhone, but we are working on it for a future release.
simon1

Posted: Dec 24, 2013
Is there an ETA for this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 26, 2013
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
saltlane

Posted: Apr 02, 2014
Any news on Lists for iPhone?
Purveyor

Score: 2 Reference
Yes, it is still not available.

And this breaking news is just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

This message was edited Apr 02, 2014.
Salgud

Posted by Purveyor:
Yes, it is still not available.

And this breaking news is just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

You sick b*****d, you! ;)
mattwatson12

Posted: May 29, 2014
Score: 4 Reference
I like "Lists" very much but it is not useful to me if I can't have it on the iPhone.
deluca.dogs

Wow ! Same here.... I just sent them a support ticket asking about this, since its not in frequently asked questions !

Too bad- its certainly easier to use than the "folders" section- but TOTALLY useless if you cant see it on iphone or ipad !
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are actively working to bring Outlines and Lists to our iOS and Android apps.
pjlewis

Thanks Jake. For some of us, these great new features don't exist until they are available online AND on the mobile platforms (in my case iPhone and iPad). It is frustrating to see these brilliant and potentially game changing enhancements deliver online only to realise that they will not be useable in the mobile workflow for weeks, months or years. The lack of an ETA makes this more difficult to endure without losing faith, as we don't know how close these things really are.

I appreciate your hard work and am sticking with you despite my personal frustrations. This is a good platform. I'm looking forward to seeing it become really great.
shelbyp

Posted: Jun 05, 2014
Posted by pjlewis:
Thanks Jake. For some of us, these great new features don't exist until they are available online AND on the mobile platforms (in my case iPhone and iPad). It is frustrating to see these brilliant and potentially game changing enhancements deliver online only to realise that they will not be useable in the mobile workflow for weeks, months or years. The lack of an ETA makes this more difficult to endure without losing faith, as we don't know how close these things really are.

I appreciate your hard work and am sticking with you despite my personal frustrations. This is a good platform. I'm looking forward to seeing it become really great.

Agree... I actually thought IOS outlines would be available a couple of months after the website release, it has now been almost 9 months I think, I started using them actively thinking hopefully they would be available, I have now gone back in part to my old way of folder/subtask/note for tasks that I need on IOS and outlines for the rest... but this is hard to maintain.

I would not say they are "totally useless" if not available on IOS, but it certainly takes away a substantial amount of value... even just a read only version of outline/lists would be useful as a start.

Jake: with respect to IPAD / tablets, has the dev team thought about making the existing full website just a little bit more compatible. I actually find the Outlines and most of the site usable on a tablet without the IOS app.

It should be possible with a bit of work to add the functionality needed to make it work on any tablet (notably missing in outlines is that the screen "touch event" does not always work the way the mouse "click event", similarly for drag/drop operations), so we cannot easily edit outlines on a tablet with the full website, but this should not be so hard to add.

This message was edited Jun 06, 2014.
kentpavelka

Posted: Aug 05, 2014
Score: 3 Reference
One way to achieve this is to copy URL link from computer to a note under a task labeled "Groceries". Then open it on your phone from there. I agree though, this is a lot of trouble to go to. Need "Lists" for IOS. Can't carry Mac around in grocery store.

This message was edited Aug 06, 2014.
leprofbard

Posted: Sep 07, 2014
@kentpavelka: Thanks! This was a good suggestion. A workable solution until it's fully available.
Thomas.a.kielty

Posted: Nov 01, 2014
I love this application, but the list piece is pretty important to me...any progress on an ETA? Thank you!
eagle6.gp

Posted: Nov 18, 2014
This is sooooooooo sad!!! You have a potentially fantastic program, but falls so short of being complete. The entire purpose of have an online web application that syncs with your Iphone / Ipad is to be able to do "Everything" that the web app does on your Iphone / Ipad. NOT being able to use/see the lists, not being able to see/attach files are basically show stoppers for me. I do NOT like evernote and will NOT go back to it, but it does in fact do these things, I just do not like the format. Your's is much better, just doesn't work. I want to upgrade to Gold, but without these features, WHY? Is there a way to be notified when these features are implimented? Thanks, Gene
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 19, 2014
We are working hard to bring more functionality into our mobile apps. You can monitor our announcements forum, or subscriber to our blog by following us on twitter/facebook/google+ if you want to stay updated.
Angela_1417287064

Posted: Nov 29, 2014
I'm a new user to Toodledo after a number of people at work recommended the app. I created several lists and was ready to run to the store. I also found out that the mobile version that I am using on my Windows phone only shows tasks and notes. If you upgrade to one of the paid version, can you access all features on the mobile versions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2014
Our mobile website only has tasks and notes at this time. A 3rd party app for Windows phone may have lists and and outlines, although I am not aware of one that does this yet. You can also use our regular website (not our mobile website) to access Lists and Outlines.
JulieRichardson

Posted: Dec 05, 2014
I have been watching this thread for years and cannot believe that Lists are still not available in the app.

This is a priority and need for users (especially those who pay for a version).

Please get Lists ti the OS app before Outlines!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.