ForumsQuestionsDate field in list broken

Date field in list broken
Salgud

Posted: Nov 14, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I tried to create a simple project list, and included a date column. It hangs up there when I enter a date, won't take the date and clears all fields when I exit and come back. Is there a plan to fix the date feature soon?

On my fourth try, the other fields remain, but the date still is cleared.

On my fifth try, all fields cleared again. I gather it's best not to use date fields at this time?

Ok, so it won't save my lists "automatically" as the training video suggests. Now what?

Finally, the real trick, not mentioned in the video. It doesn't save automatically, it saves when you add another row! You don't have to actually save the other row, you just have to click the + as though you were going to add another row. This should be in the tutorial, I think.

After numerous tries, I finally created a simple 4 field Projects list. Entering a date in the newly created first row of the list was the other tricky part. The date entry box wouldn't close, as it normally does in other TD date entry boxes, so the only way I could close it was to exit the Lists entirely, then come back in. Once that was done, entering a date in additional rows was easy, worked just as TD normally does.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 14, 2013
Wow, I am sorry that you were having so much trouble. I have tried to reproduce the problem but when I followed your steps as best as I could it worked for me. The date field would accept a value and the popup would appear and disappear correctly. Im not sure what happened for you. Can you repeat it?
Salgud

Posted: Nov 18, 2013
I tried recreating it today, but couldn't. Maybe it was a momentary glitch? Will try again later.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.