ForumsQuestionsOutline delete, leaves multiple entries highlighted!

Outline delete, leaves multiple entries highlighted!
shelbyp

Posted: Nov 18, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
In the outline section on Chrome (I haven't tested others), there is a very annoying and harmful bug.

After deleting the highlighted entry with the delete key, there are 2 entries which are highlighted, the entry after the entry which was deleted AND the top entry in the list.

the problem is that the actual active entry is the top entry in the list, not the item adjacent to the deleted item.

I have lost a lot of work due to this bug! What happens is I delete an entry, and then want to delete the next entry , but instead of deleting the highlighted entry it deletes the first entry in the list which is also highlighted! In an outline it has happened on multiple occasions that the first entry in the list actually contains a huge subtree. So the highlight bug can cause the irreversible loss of huge amounts of work.

For me this is a critical issue. I mentioned this in the forums as minor previously since I thought it was just cosmetic, but this is critical.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 18, 2013
I am very sorry that this happened. I just tested this and I was not able to reproduce the issue. When I delete an entry, the highlight moves to the top (the intended behavior, currently), but I do not see a second highlight of the adjacent entry.

The delete function always confirms the deletion by popping up a window with the title of the entry being deleted. Do you see the correct entry displayed in this confirmation when deleting an entry?
shelbyp

Posted: Nov 19, 2013
Hello, thanks for your reply.

I just reproduced the issue to confirm, here is a simple case, with 1 entry and 3 sub entries

TEST 123
Test1
Test 2
Test 3

I use the delete key to delete Test 2
Test 123 AND Test 3 are highlighted, on Chrome, I would add a screenshot, but I can't attach here...

Also I just tested the case with no sub entries i.e.
Test1
test2
test3

If you delete test2, the ONLY test1 (or the top most entry of the outline) is highlighted. so this case works. I think if you test deleting a sub-entry you will reproduce the issue on Chrome.

To answer your question, in the confirmation screen, yes the information is correct. Unfortunately when I am quickly processing my outline, my assumption is that the highlighted entry I am looking at will be deleted, so on more than one occasion I have quickly confirmed without reading... I am now more attentive and I am moving more to the checkbox, but this bug needs to be fixed, not a blocker, but definitely critical/major...

The issue with the checkboxes is that there is no shortcut key to delete checked entries ( please add this as a feature request). The main advantage of the outlines is the ability to quickly process and update it compared to tasks, so the shortcut keys are important.

thanks for your followup,
shelby

This message was edited Nov 19, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was able to reproduce this bug now and will get it fixed. Thanks for the follow up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This should be fixed now.
shelbyp

Posted: Nov 20, 2013
Hello, just tested , it works, thanks for the followup!
cheers,
shelby
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.