ForumsQuestionsiOS app Hotlist format of date

iOS app Hotlist format of date
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 22, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I noticed recently that the Hotlist was formatting when my tasks were due as just the DueDate and not the DueTime. So, instead of getting a Due @10am, I'm getting a Due @Today. I don't think this was always true, so I'm thinking some formatting option has changed and I'm hoping I can reset it. The reason this has become important to me is that I have a task that I want to do twice a day. To do that, I put in two tasks -- one for the morning and one for the evening. With the formatting of Due as above, I can't tell the difference between the two and, so, don't know which to click as done. I suppose I could change the name of one task, but I shouldn't have to do that if Due formatting was working. Is there an option I'm missing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2013
If you move the due-time field higher in the list on the "Fields & Defaults" settings page, you should be able to see the time as well as the date.
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 23, 2013
Any particular height? I currently have it set as Folder, Context, Due-Date, Due-Time and I still get date without time...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 24, 2013
There are 3 spaces below a task to show info and those three spaces will be filled in the order that you have placed the fields in the settings section. So if you want to see due-time, it will need to be in the top 3. Perhaps Folder, Due-Date, Due-Time, context will work for you.
Salgud

Posted by Jake:
There are 3 spaces below a task to show info and those three spaces will be filled in the order that you have placed the fields in the settings section. So if you want to see due-time, it will need to be in the top 3. Perhaps Folder, Due-Date, Due-Time, context will work for you.

I am assuming that this feature is a Gold or Platinum level setting not listed in your Subscriptions page, as I don't have any place to change the order of my fields and I don't have a "Fields and Defaults" settings page either.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Salgud, we are talking about the iOS app. Tap on "settings" then on "Fields & Defaults" and the options are there for everyone, no subscription required.
Salgud

Doh! I so seldom use the iOS app, I didn't even think about it.
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm. The key thing I am noticing is that, when Due-Time is set, on the iOS app, <Due-Date, Due-Time> is coming out as "Date" (including "Today" and "Tomorrow") whereas, on the web, <Due-Date, Due-Time> is coming out as "Due: Date at Time". I think it used to come out as "Date@Time" on the iOS app. It doesn't seem to matter where <Due-Date, Due-Time> is in the fields list. Should I try <Due-Time, Due-Date>? That doesn't seem sensible. Also, <Due-Time> doesn't seem right either.

Wait a second -- I just noticed that my settings for Fields & Defaults on the iOS app are Priority, Folder, Context, Due-Date, Due-Time, etc., but the Task display (All tasks, Hotlist, etc.) seems to be Priority, Subject, Note-Indicator, Star, Context, Due-Date, Folder, etc., so the two really don't match. Are they supposed to?
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 27, 2013
I tried your suggestion of Folder, DueDate, DueTime, Context, etc. That added the DueTime to the Task as a separate field from DueDate and, of course, Context is no longer visible. That's bad -- <Due-Date, Due-Time> should not be counted as two separate fields (same with <Start-Date, Start-Time>).

Interesting that it comes out as DueDate, DueTime, Folder on the display rather than Folder, DueDate, DueTime...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.