ForumsQuestionsMultiply User defined Modifier by Priority?

Multiply User defined Modifier by Priority?
whitten

Posted: May 07, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I was wondering if there is a way to have a numeric modifier that gets multiplied by the Priority and overdue dates and whatever you already do, to get the Importance?

If so, I can use that numeric modifier to roughly group things so of all the HIGH importance ones, this one is more important than these other ones.

It also would be a fast work-around for the problem of task-dependency not being able to be defined. I just use a smaller value for the modifier to move the dependent tasks later in the "importance" list.

Thanks for Toodledo, I just found it today, and it is already helping me.

Dave
Qrystal

Posted: May 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
You could start each task name with a number, and then if a bunch of tasks all have the same Importance, they'll go in alphabetical(numerical) order.

I tend to sort by Importance, myself, and I have indeed used this a few times in order to keep sequential tasks, sequential.

Of course, if you do this with many sets of tasks, you'll get several that are "step 1" ... but sometimes that's not a bad thing either. It's also nice to be reminded that a particular task is, say, "step 3", because it is encouraging to know that some of the work is already done.

This message was edited May 12, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.