ForumsQuestionsRepeating daily task always displayed

Repeating daily task always displayed
Steve

Posted: Jan 14, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I'm using the free version of Toodledo. I add a task (e.g., "Exercise"), set repeating to Daily and Repeat From Completion Date, and uncheck Future Tasks in the Show menu.

When I mark that task as completed, it still remains in the list as uncompleted. If I set it to repeat Weekly and mark it as completed, it is no longer displayed in the list (and I assume it'll reappear in a week).

Why does a completed daily task remain in the list as uncompleted?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2014
If you give the task a start-date, then it will be hidden. Tasks with a due-date of tomorrow are not hidden by the "future" filter. Here is more info about how the filter works: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=77
Steve Post deleted
markb_1389957971

Posted: Jan 15, 2014
Thanks Jake for the reply to this question.

However, I think I am having the same problem, and it is not to do with the hiding of the task by the "future" filter.

If we create a task (e.g. "Exercise", as in the first example), with:
* no start date
* due date ?Today
* repeat daily, repeat from completion date

When the task is ticked completed, the new repeating task is created, but with a due date of "Today" instead of "Tomorrow" (which I think is what Steve is referring to as the task still remaining as uncompleted). So you end up with:

* COMPLETED Today. Exercise.
* UNCOMPLETED due today. Exercise.

Any help on where we are going wrong on this type of task would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mark.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 16, 2014
When I do this, the task moves to "tomorrow". I think it may have something to do with your timezone. Can you please double check that the timezone is listed correctly in your account settings?
abcd_1389920339

I I have the same issue. I checked that the timezone setting is correct . It seems that this happens from 0:00 to about 13:00 (local time, GMT+9). After 14:00, daily repeating tasks work correctly.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2014.
richardlimka

I've the same issue too. It's really frustrating.
I'm on Silver Subscription.
My timezone is GMT+8.
I'm starting to notice too, that in the afternoon, it's working fine.
I had checked my timezone, it's correct.
Please help fix this issue.
Thanks...
markb_1389957971

Posted by Jake:
When I do this, the task moves to "tomorrow". I think it may have something to do with your timezone. Can you please double check that the timezone is listed correctly in your account settings?

The time zone is set to "auto", and is listing the right time and date (GMT+10).

I also tried turning the "auto" setting off, and manually setting the correct time zone. The completed task was still recreated with due date "Today".

Thanks for looking into this.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2014
I have identified the problem and will get it fixed ASAP.

We've been making some behind the scenes changes to how repeating works so that in the future we can support more enhanced repeating options, but we introduced a bug where tasks that repeat from the completion date are not taking the timezone into account in all situations. I am very sorry for this issue and will get it resolved quickly.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It should be fixed now. Again, I am very sorry for bug.

If you had a task set to repeat from the completion date, and you happened to check it off late at night or early in the morning when your day was a different day than Toodledo's day, then it is possible that the task was rescheduled off by 1 day.
markb_1389957971

Thanks very much for all the excellent work. And thanks for fixing the bug - all working normally again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.