ForumsQuestionsDisplaying empty or with more than 2 weeks old tasks folders

Displaying empty or with more than 2 weeks old tasks folders
FM

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
One main rule of GTD is to review as often as possible all your folders to "think about them" and check if there is a new task to add, etc ...

Toodledo does offer the possibility to view all folders that contain non accomplished tasks, folders with more than 2 weeks accomplished tasks, but I haven't found a way to see all folders, empty or not, with accomplished tasks or not (excepted in the "folders & contexts " view, which is not usable to edit/add tasks).

I would like to be able to review a list displaying all folders

Is that possible ?

FM

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Have you tried using our advanced search page?

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
FM

Thank you, I tried but:

I want to see a list with all my folders, empty or not, with tasks checked or not. It seems that with the advanced search I am able to see all the folders excepted empty ones (that is with no tasks inside). I want to see the empty folders in the same list.
Possible or not.
Thank you,
FM
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I see. Yes, there is currently no way to see empty folders in a task list. We'll think about a way to add that.

Thanks
FM

Thanks ! But it would be nice to see empty folders or folders with more than 2 weeks old tasks.

FM

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009.
gregory.beck

Posted: Jun 04, 2009
I'd like this feature too.
lisalhilton

Posted: Oct 27, 2009
I'm new to Toodledo, and I'm loving it, but this is a feature I was interested in, too. Are there any work-arounds that anybody has found? Would adding a -1 priority task of "keep current" or something like that keep them showing up, even if I filter out -1 priority tasks?
Anders

Posted: Oct 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure the Folder's divider (I assume that is what you are referring to) will disappear as soon as there are no active, unfiltered tasks under it. I can't think of a good work around for this. You could just create a task like "keep on top of Folder X" that would just live there permanently. You could give it a reference status or something like that so it could be hidden when you are not in need of it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.