ForumsQuestionsRepeat on last day of month

Repeat on last day of month
pdegregorio

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello, I need to schedule a task to occur on the last day of every month. Toodledo appears to be requiring a day to be picked but that is not what I want since the last day of a month can be any day. Is there a way to schedule a repeating task without specifying the exact day of the week?
TIA,
Peter
Anders

There are more advanced freeform options available by clicking on what I believe is a magic wand next to the repeat field.
However, I don't know if the last day of the month is possible because I don't think Toodledo can count backwards yet. Look at the second topic from the top: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php
You could try typing "the last day of every month" but I don't know if that works. I might be interesting to try repeating monthly on the 31st of some month to see what happens, but it might just skip every month with fewer days.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a task repeat on the last day of the month. Currently the best you can do is have it repeat on the 1st, or have it repeat on the 28th. If you set a monthly repeating task for the 29th-31st, it will eventually get moved backwards to the 28th as it moves into months that have fewer days.

We want to add a "last day of the month" option in a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.