ForumsQuestionsI want my "simple view" back

I want my "simple view" back
mlb32704

Posted: Feb 09, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I have two computers that are basically mirror images of one another. On my main computer, the default view on the "main" ToodleDo page has "All Tasks", "No Folder" and nothing else. I love it, short, sweet, simple, to the point, easy to manage. On my other computer, the default view on the "main" page has "All Tasks", "Hotlist", "Recently Added", "Recently Completed", "Recently Modified". Whew. I use NONE of those, it makes for a busy "main" screen, and every once in a while I hit "Hotlist" instead of "All Tasks" and wonder where all of my tasks have gone. Moreover, once I hit the "View by - Main" option or select the "Tasks" tab, ToodleDo forces me to select a view other than that simple elegant "All Tasks", "No Folder" and nothing else view that I like. And I can't figure out how to simply get back to that simple view, then it just happens by accident. Or I'm missing something. Help. Thanks.
Sabina A.

Posted: Feb 10, 2014
It sounds like you are referring to the Folder view on the left side menu. If you click on "Folder" under "view by" you will get this view. You can set "folder" as your default view in your account settings under "Default views".

Hope this helps!
mlb32704

Posted: Feb 11, 2014
I don't use folders anymore, so I don't get the option "Folder" under "View By". I would love to set "Folder" or "No Folder" as my default view but I don't see that option.
mlb32704

Posted: Feb 11, 2014
More info - if I add back "Folders" as a used field, then I get exactly the option that I want in terms of that plain vanilla "All Tasks" or "No Folder" option for default view. BUT, the trade off is that I get a column "Folder" with the entry "No Folder" under each and every Task. Not good. Any other thoughts, anyone?
tophyd

Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I don't know of a way to do what you're asking, but you might get closer with one of these:

1. If there are any "View By" options that have a simple list that you do like and might use, make that your default.

2. Move the folder to the far-right column and make it as small as possible. You can also adjust your other column sizes so that the folder column doesn't show up with the browser window size you normally use.

If the other computer doesn't have folders enabled, it sounds like the PC that's "Working" is exhibiting a bug that lets it display views for unused fields.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.