ForumsQuestionsMissing "Tasks" marked "optionally on"

Missing "Tasks" marked "optionally on"
HealthQuarters

Posted: Feb 19, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
When I opened my Toodledo today, I noticed that many tasks labeled as "optionally on" for the date, are gone.

Is this just me, or has other people just lost some of these tasks?

Anyone have any idea where they are, or how to retrieve them? I searched everywhere, i.e., all of my tasks.

Thank you,
Ric Powers
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 19, 2014
This is how optional tasks are supposed to behave. If the due-date passes then the task is automatically completed.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
HealthQuarters

Posted: Feb 21, 2014
right. I forgot to hit the "Daily" button so they would repeat past the due date.

However, where are these "completed" tasks that I had marked "optionally on"? When I click the "Main" tab and go to a folder where I had some of these tasks within, they are gone?

Where did they go and how to I retrieve them?

Thank you so much.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 21, 2014
There is not completed version of task that was optionally moved forward because you never actually completed it. If a task is rescheduled because it's optional date passes, then it is silently moved forward.
HealthQuarters

Posted: Feb 24, 2014
Thank you. Let me ask the question another way:
I cannot locate a number of Tasks that I absolutely know were in Toodledo for a long time. I never checked them as "completed". Any idea where they went/how I may locate them?
I did a search for them and couldn't find them.
Thank you.
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 24, 2014
According to the link that Jake provided:
"if the date passes and you have not completed the task, the task will be automatically removed."

But, in the same post, Jake says that "the task is automatically completed".

I'm pretty sure that "optionally on" non-repeating tasks are deleted after the Due Date passes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2014
Let me clarify.

1) If an optional task is not repeating and its due-date passes it will be deleted. It was optional after all.

2) If an optional task is repeating and its due-date passes it will be silently rescheduled to the next occurrence. Because you never completed it, there will be no checked off historical copy in your history to view. It will just magically get moved forward.

3) If an optional task is checked off before it's due-date it will behave like a normal task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.