ForumsQuestions2 feature suggestions for the iPhone app

2 feature suggestions for the iPhone app
tm

Posted: Apr 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi and thanks for providing the Toodledo service. Concerning the iPhone app many suggestions have already been made. I'd like to suggest another two which I find pretty essential.

1. Multiline display of task text
This could be implemented by A) a toogle button in the lower bar which switches between the current information (due date etc.) and a two line display of task text or B) you give an option in the settings to set which information you would like to see or C) you extend the display to show task text in full providing multiple lines for long entries.

2. Context filter
In my opinion this is essential for GTD. I do not want to see contexts that are not available at the moment because every task I see will naturally leads to (unconscious) thinking about it disturbing or breaking my processing of tasks. I know there is an option to browse tasks by context, however, I guess for most of us this is not the default view. E.g. I am using the views by folder (=project) and by due date most of the time. This could be implemented by extending the Filters menu: simply add a list with all existing contexts and allow to untick all contexts that you do not want to see.

Any chance we might see these features? And by the way, do you have an update release already in the pipeline?

Thanks and regards,
Thomas
Alan

Posted: Apr 22, 2009
Posted by tm:
1. Multiline display of task text
This could be implemented by A) a toogle button in the lower bar which switches between the current information (due date etc.) and a two line display of task text or B) you give an option in the settings to set which information you would like to see or C) you extend the display to show task text in full providing multiple lines for long entries.

I agree completely with this one in particular. The need to have to open each task just to read the full name is one reason I prefer Appigo's "Todo" at this moment. I'm hoping this will be addressed soon.
Anders

I'm not a fan of 1C because it would require me to reduce the many fields I use if I want to see more than a couple of tasks onscreen. I would really like to see 1A. I have posted about a similar feature of a clickable note icon to view a task's notes which would also be great. A toggle for nested subtasks is also needed in my opinion. Let's get toggles for everything!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.