ForumsQuestionsMYN preconfiguration not "taking"

MYN preconfiguration not "taking"
jjjrrroo2014

Posted: Feb 22, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to use the MYN preconfiguration settings from the One Minute To Do (Linenberger) book, but it won't "take" or make the changes. What I mean is, I follow the instructions (toodledo/systems.php) and it says my account has been updated, but on Task view, nothing has changed. Any help here?

This message was edited Feb 22, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2014
Which setting isn't sticking?
cossy.rosario_139

Posted: Feb 28, 2014
I have the same problem. It hinges on being able to set a date (start date or due date) as Today generically, without the a fixed actual date being set.

This is needed for Saved Searches named Critical Now, Opportunity Now and Over-the-Horizon in the MYN system.

A few days after I first experienced this problem, it seemed to disappear (I thought that perhaps an update to Toodledo had taken place). But, recently, the problem has reappeared.

What could be the reason for the problem? And how can it be solved?
Purveyor

Here's what's supposed to happen with the MYN settings in Toodledo:
Fields Used: Priority, Task, Start Date, Due Date, Repeat, Trashcan. These fields will be reordered and other fields will be hidden.
Default View: Main
New Task Defaults: Start Date of today. Priority of medium.
Filters: Hide completed tasks, hide negative priority, hide future tasks.
Sorting: Each view will have it's list sorted in a particular way.
The question is "Which setting isn't sticking?"

BTW, all the changes can be made in Settings. You don't have to use the "Methodology Preset" that Toodledo has made available, and there are no additional functions that become available when you implement the MYN settings.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2014.
cossy.rosario_139

I caught my own mistake!

I didn't realize that when setting a date (start date or due date)the date field opens a drop-down calendar on which "today" is a specific date (as in March 01, 2014).

However, I found I could delete the date and type in "today" or even "yesterday" or "last week" or "tomorrow" or "next week" and any of a great number of possibilities, and it would be indicated in the date field just the way I typed it.

In this way, I was able to create the MYN settings for Critical Now, Opportunity Now, Over-the-Horizon, etc., without need to use "Methodology Preset" which in any case I knew nothing about until later when I saw it mentioned in the previous post!

This message was edited Feb 28, 2014.
cossy.rosario_139

Posted: Mar 22, 2014
I would like to be able to start a new post, make a new suggestion, etc., but I don't find a button which when clicked will open a compose box for a new message.

If anyone reading this knows how, would you please reply with instructions on how to do this?

This is, of course, a reply to the existing conversation, for which I saw the reply button.
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 22, 2014
At the bottom right of the list of topics within a forum, there's "Post New Topic".
cossy.rosario_139

Posted: Mar 23, 2014
Purveyor, thanks for an extremely quick reply!
I got it for new posts.

But what if I want to reply to a post on a forum which isn't closed for replies, and can't find a reply button?
cossy.rosario_139

Posted: Mar 24, 2014
Purveyor, I think I'm getting to know my way around the forum.
I found how to reply anywhere the discussion isn't locked.
And I found where the post reply button is lccated, and used it to reply how very useful I found some of the Tips on Toodledo Toossday which I immediately adopted for my own use!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.