ForumsQuestionsCustom Views... Requested feature from 2010

Custom Views... Requested feature from 2010
Osaga

Posted: Feb 23, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I posted this feature request in 2010 and got a lot of people who wanted this feature as well. I personally think that it's a highly practical feature that will retain and bring in more subscribers.

Here is what I originally posted. It still have never been addresses by Toodledo.... Dear Toodledo... please reply as to why this featured has not been seriously considered yet. You have one of the best task managers on the market and this would be a serious part of its arsenal.

Please voice your vote if you would think this to be a useful feature for ToodleDo.

Custom Views or Saved Views Update

Currently you can create and save customs views. I propose the following minor tweaks what would make these saved searches actually useful and would cut out all the time spent in sorting, re-sorting, filtering and re-filtering.

ALL CUSTOM VIEWS
1. Arrange the view to how you need it by setting up your filters, view by, etc.
2. Save and name this view.
3. Allow this saved "custom view" to be added as a tab.

What this will do for you:
1. Now you can have custom views for Work, Personal sorted and filtered as you need it.
2. No more clicking over and over again to reset views depending on how you need then.

Please note that Saved Searches do not accomplish this because you can't use sort by "Importance" with Saved Searched.

Please respond with a yes or why you think this might not work.

Here is the original post.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/4363/-23139/please-vote-on-this-feature-saved-views-update.html

Thanks

This message was edited Feb 23, 2014.
Salgud

Posted: Feb 24, 2014
Posted by Osaga:

Please note that Saved Searches do not accomplish this because you can't use sort by "Importance" with Saved Searched.

Thanks

I don't think this was true at the time of your original post,and it certainly isn't true today. Maybe you should rethink your strategy?

As to "Saved Views", which would include saved searches, as well as sort and filter options, I'm for it, but it's beating a long-dead horse at this point.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2014
This is still on our to-do list. I am sorry that we do not have an update on this.
mclapper

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
+1 for this. Somehow this morning is the first time I noticed that if I move from my saved search "Master Projects View" (which has all my tasks neatly organized with subtasks visible, sorted by star then date) to my "Work Tasks" search, which I intended to be sorted by status, the sorts are all different. Please attach sorts to the searches!!
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Well, according to Jake:
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks.
From: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/14778/-71460/read.html

Obviously not important enough.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.