ForumsQuestionsGroups of Folders

Groups of Folders
AntonioTroitsky

Posted: Mar 04, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
How can I separate my projects in the groups? For example, I want to define personal projects or projects related to work and other projects. I want to find this projects in my search option. For example, I want to find projects related with my work. How can I do that. If you add ability to find the the folder by contetns like in tags it will ability to resolve my problem.
Sabina A.

Posted: Mar 04, 2014
Hello,

Here is a good way to separate projects:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/18365/-85865/toodledo-toosday-context-filter-video-tip.html

You can search for certain folders and context using our advanced search feature:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
AntonioTroitsky

Posted: Mar 05, 2014
Yes, I know these features but I need every time change my search options because I add some new projects related to my work and etc. If I want find projects related to my work I need to set all of them. And this is a problem, because the quantity of the projects in one sphere can't be constant.

This message was edited Mar 05, 2014.
ykphuah

Posted: Mar 05, 2014
Hmm, I have a context for "work", and I use folders for projects, or actually what I can areas of focus.

Then the projects, I prefix them with "w-" for work, and "h-" for home. And I sort the folders so they arrange nicely in a list.

Maybe you can use some sort of prefix to do a poor man's grouping?
AntonioTroitsky

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Posted by Sabina A.:
Hello,

Here is a good way to separate projects:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/18365/-85865/toodledo-toosday-context-filter-video-tip.html

You can search for certain folders and context using our advanced search feature:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Why do you don't want to add ability search in folder name like in tags?
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 13, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Antonio, it seems that you want the ability to specify contains, doesn't contain, begins with, ends with when searching by Folder.

Right now, the only options are "is" and "is not".

This message was edited Mar 13, 2014.
AntonioTroitsky

Posted: Sep 02, 2014
Posted by Purveyor:
Antonio, it seems that you want the ability to specify contains, doesn't contain, begins with, ends with when searching by Folder.

Right now, the only options are "is" and "is not".

Yes it is very uncomfortable for me, and I think it will be useful for different users. I think it will not take a lot of time to add this ability, but this ability will help me to save my time in search options.
AntonioTroitsky

Posted: Nov 05, 2014
Toodledo's Admin. Could you give me an answer on my question - what difference between project and task? Why I can't search in tasks with "contains", "begin with" and etc. But I can't do in with projects (folders).

I describe this problem in March. And it obvious that is a problem of search.
Sabina A.

Posted: Nov 05, 2014
Posted by AntonioTroitsky:
Toodledo's Admin. Could you give me an answer on my question - what difference between project and task? Why I can't search in tasks with "contains", "begin with" and etc. But I can't do in with projects (folders).

I describe this problem in March. And it obvious that is a problem of search.

It's common have a much larger quantity of tasks and tags than folders, which is why we give more search options for tasks and tags. I understand you have lots of folders and could use more search options. We'll add this to our to-do list for a future update. However, we're unable to comment on a time frame for implementation.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.