ForumsQuestionsImport *.taskpaper Format to Outline

Import *.taskpaper Format to Outline
kleerkoat

Posted: Mar 27, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
After many years of using Toodledo, setting up different methods to track tasks (the best thing about Toodledo is being very flexible in this regard).

Now that Outlines are on the radar, I'm almost tempted to go to that exclusively for all my tasks. I don't need anything fancy.

I started flirting with plain text lists recently because it's so easy and quick in an editor like Notepad++ to rearrange, edit entries and allow me to copy/paste things back and forth on the desktop. I'm playing around with .taskpaper files and am finding it easy to manage and move from desktop to my iPhone using dropbox.

So I'm curious if .taskpaper can be imported to an outline or if support could be added?

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 27, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I am not familiar with taskpaper, so I do not know what their file looks like. Our outline section can import files in XML, OPML, JSON or Text format. Hopefully taskpaper can export it's data in one of those formats. OPML in particular is the industry standard for representing outline data, so it may do that one already.
kleerkoat

Posted: Mar 28, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
ah, nice! opml is even better! thank you
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.