ForumsQuestionsTask and Notebook Exports vs. Backup

Task and Notebook Exports vs. Backup
mlb32704

Posted: Mar 28, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I got burned one time on an old task that I could not retrieve due to age, so I've made it a weekly habit ever since of exporting my uncompleted and completed tasks, as well as notebooks. I just noticed the backup option for the first time and added that to my weekly maintenance activities, although I have absolutely no idea what is included in that .xml file. What do I get out of regularly using that backup feature relative to simply exporting tasks and notebooks, is it necessary, is there some overlap between the two, etc.? Someone please let me know, thanks.
Sabina A.

Hello,

The backup includes everything, tasks, completed tasks, and notes. Exporting tasks does not include notes. You will have to export notes separately.

This message was edited Mar 28, 2014.
mlb32704

Does the backup contain ALL current and completed tasks, if not, for what amount of time?

I currently "backup" all current and completed tasks plus all notebooks every week by using the export function. Which is better, or do I still need both?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The backup file has everything that all the other formats have combined plus more, like saved searches.

This message was edited Mar 28, 2014.
mlb32704

Posted: Apr 03, 2014
Thank you Jake.
SES21

Posted: Apr 07, 2014
You might want to take a close look at the differences in behavior if you have to use that backup/export to get info back into Toodledo. They don't all work the same.

I make backups every 2 weeks (just feeling gutsy, lucky or dumb) & get 5 files: backup, Export & 3 CSVs for current, completed & notes but I've never had to use it to load my info back into TD.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.