ForumsQuestions[BUG] Monthly tasks repeating bi-monthly?

[BUG] Monthly tasks repeating bi-monthly?
Kossak

Posted: Mar 29, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I have a serious problem with current behavior of TD (which annoys me greatly because i could miss something important):
When i setup the due date of a task to 31.03.2014, the repeat interval to monthly, and finish the task now, the next one will have due date 31.05.2014 - this is 2 months away, not 1. The next due date shouuld be set to last day of next month, which is 30.04.2014.

I read in FAQ that you suggest setting due date to 1'st of month and reminder 1 day earlier, but it won't behave well in sorting, because i always sort tasks by due date, and this one would be off by 1 day.

Is there any chance you will fix it, or it's going to stay like this forever?

This message was edited Mar 29, 2014.
Sabina A.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014
In the future, we plan to offer an option to have a task repeat on the last day of the month. However, we're unable to comment on a time frame for implementation.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 01, 2014
The current behavior is the way that most calendar applications work (iCal, Google Calendar, etc). We chose to mimic their behavior for consistency. In the future we will have a "on the last day of the month" option which will work the way you expect by adjusting itself depending on the number of days in the month.
Kossak

Posted: Apr 01, 2014
ok, thank you, meantime i will set everything to 1'st of month
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.