ForumsQuestionsCan I delete an instance of a repeating task without deleting th

Can I delete an instance of a repeating task without deleting th
bernadette_1393717...

Posted: Apr 01, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I have several repeating tasks that I occasionally want to delete an instance of without deleting the entire series. For example I have a task set to pick up my mail from my post box each week day. However I am notified by email whether or not there is actually any mail to pick up that day. On days when there is no mail to pick up I would like to be able to delete the day's instance of the task.

I have not been able to work out a way to do this. Currently I have the task set to repeating each week day optionally which at least removes each day's instance at midnight if I have not clicked it off.

I know I could just mark that day's mail collection as completed when I know I am not going to need to go but that is not quite accurate - there is a difference between having completed a task on a given day and not having done it that day. The distinction doesn't much matter for my mail collection but it does for other things (e.g. habit-forming related tasks such as "do exercise").

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated
Purveyor

Posted: Apr 01, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
You can reschedule the task for the next occurrence.

You can complete the task and then delete the completed task. The next instance of the recurring task will still exist.

This message was edited Apr 02, 2014.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.