Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
daveholmes1

Posted: Apr 28, 2009
any developments on this? It is really an important function. Thanks.
Anders

I don't know that there are likely to have been developments in one day. However, I am confident Toodledo will come through with this one before long. It has been suggested numerous times as you can see if you look through this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/718/0/toodledo-on-the-iphone.html

Calls are tough to make on my iPod, but email from a task would be pretty handy :)
daveholmes1

I've been(happily)using TD for many months now with no developments so I'm wondering if the update is ever coming.
Anders

You mean the iPhone app, not the website, correct? Because there have been numerous updates to the website in that period some of them immediately translated into new functionality on the app as well(granted, nothing major). I agree, it has been a while since the iPhone app received some love, and I am hoping a nice update with at least a couple of these often suggested features is in the works.

Personally, I am willing to give Toodledo a little slack because they are always improving the website, and the app can only try to replicate the functionality of the website. Better website, better app, IMO. Don't misunderstand me. I am completely sympathetic to your reaction to the long waiting period. If you are tired of waiting, there are other options. I have tried them all, and Toodledo is still my go-to app, but the others have had recent updates, and the official app's lead is shrinking.

I don't envy Toodledo. The more they do, the faster the requests come in. For every new feature, etc. there are new ways that people want to tweak it. It just seems like a vicious spiral of exponentially increasing demand, and I hope there has been similar boost to Toodledo's resources so production is able to keep up.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 29, 2009
We are working on an update to our iPhone app right now.
daveholmes1

Posted: May 03, 2009
yes I mean the iPhone app. Thanks Anders.

It's great to hear that an update to the iPhone app is in the works.
Anders

Posted: May 03, 2009
Just a thought, but maybe Toodledo could do what WebIS is doing with their PI app. By using the device's built in WebView UI for notes, all phone numbers, and I believe emails and URLs are automatically made into links.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Yup, phone numbers, emails and URLs will be detected in notes, with the next update of our iPhone app.
Anders

Posted: May 04, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Yup, phone numbers, emails and URLs will be detected in notes, with the next update of our iPhone app.

Very nice. I have been hoping for email, and URLs will be handy too.
DavidSzp

Posted: May 05, 2009
Very cool, I've been using Appigo Todo and haven't had time to beta test the Toodledo app in a while although it was fun when I had time. But I like having options so I recently bought the Toodledo app outright as well. Definitely have seen some improvements and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is coming!

Posted: Sep 07, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:

this just works in case you know the phone number by heart! even then you need to add syntaxes in the notes

like: ---- Task Type: Call ----
mobile: +372 515 6919
---- End Task Type ----

how many phone numbers does an average phone use know nowadays??

i am so fond of this feature in appigo. the only reason i can´t switch to them is they dont´have web integration.

This message was edited Sep 07, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Sep 07, 2009
You don't need to enter all that syntax. That is just extra stuff Appigo uses to designate their special phone call task type. All you have to do with the Toodledo app is enter the phone number in the Notes section of a task, and it will be recognized as such by the app, and allow you to start a call. I do agree that it would be even better if the Toodledo app would let you access your contact database to select a phone number or email. I can honestly say, since the advent of cell phones, I probably have 2 or 3 phone numbers memorized. I don't even know my wife's number.
Also, what do you mean by Appigo doesn't have web integration? Their app syncs with this website (and a lesser one that we can ignore).

This message was edited Sep 07, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.