ForumsQuestionsWhere did the OpenID login go?

Where did the OpenID login go?
Danielle et al.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I use OpenID with my gmail account to login to Toodledo, but I don't see the link for OpenID on the sign-in box any more. Was that option removed?

This message was edited Apr 16, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 17, 2014
OpenID never really caught on. In fact, less than 20 people use it with Toodledo. So, we are phasing it out. For now, you can still login using OpenID by going directly to the following page:

https://www.toodledo.com/openid.php

But you should switch to using a regular email/password soon since we will be discontinuing OpenID login due to unpopularity.
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 17, 2014
man, openID was a flop huh?
Danielle et al.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014
Posted by kleerkoat:
man, openID was a flop huh?

Hard to say, since Toodledo doesn't support OpenID 2.0 so you have to do some gymnastics to get it to work with your Google login. I'd imagine there are some who might have been interested but didn't bother because it didn't work with the services they usually use.

It'd be nice if in the future Toodledo got the ability to log in via partnership with Google and other services, like where you see on other sites where you can sign in using your Google, Facebook, etc. login.

Thanks for the great service!

This message was edited Apr 21, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 22, 2014
We are considering Facebook/Google/Twitter login buttons.
ykphuah

Posted: Apr 22, 2014
Posted by Jake:
We are considering Facebook/Google/Twitter login buttons.

That's great! If everyone does this we will not have to change so many passwords when heartbleed turns up.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.