ForumsQuestionsMultiple alarm reminders (I mean multiple lead times)

Multiple alarm reminders (I mean multiple lead times)
Long Vu

Posted: May 07, 2014
Score: 5 Reference
Toodledo can already send the same reminder through multiple channels (multiple email addresses, sms, browser, webhook) but it's only for one reminder (one lead time).

How about multiple lead times?

Scenario: I have a task due on May 1st. I'd like to be reminded 1 week, 2 days then 1 day in advance.

Rationale: I don't look at my todo list every single day. I need multiple reminders to make sure I have enought time ahead to prepare myself for critical tasks.

Right now I have to manually update the reminder lead time after each reminder trigger, very cumbersome to emulate "multiple reminder lead time".
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 07, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
shelbyp

Posted: May 08, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I actually have the same issue, as an alternative to multiple alarms (which I don't mind), it might be nice to be able to snooze to be reminded in a settable amount of time, 1hr, 1day ... whatever...

I think there was some IOS limitation on the this type of functionality, but I am wondering if anything change with IOS 7 which would allow a snooze button when the alarm went off.

If the chosen solution is multiple alarms, please allow for a default velue for the 2nd alarm, the reason is that typically the 1st alarm is set off as a function of the amount of time it takes to complete the task, however the second is usually desired a short time before as a last minute reminder typically 1 hr for me...
SES21

Posted: May 08, 2014
I'd like to see multiple alarms also. While snooze would not be my first choice because you might not be able to easily make it visible on multiple devices, I'll take it if that's all I can get.

What I'd really like is to be able to set multiple alarms on a task & choose how each alarm is delivered. For example, browser/pop-up x time ahead & SMS a different (closer to due) time ahead.

So consider this a vote for both the selectable alarm locations feature request & the multiple alarms feature request! I'm pretty sure both of these are already on the tlist somewhere...
davemackey

Posted: May 27, 2014
::bump::
I'd like to see both the snooze and multiple alarm features. :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.