ForumsQuestionsQuestions Forum Bug?

Questions Forum Bug?
Anders

Posted: Apr 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The icon for the questions forum is always red as if there are new, unread posts. I have paged through, and every topic has a white icon, as in no new posts. It is very strange, and is not true of any other forum on Toodledo. I just made them all white to check.

Has anyone else noticed this?
roddyt

Well here's a coincidence for you. I was mulling over posting a "sorry, looks fine to me" message as I continued reading through the rest of the messages. When I got to the end, the Third-Party Applications folder was still red. I checked and all message thread icons were white. For no good reason, I clicked the Welcome message thread with the exclamation point icon. Lo and behold I found a recent message you yourself left.

It may or may not be your problem, but there are two message threads with exclamation point icons in this forum. It's worth checking.

Roddy
Anders

Yes, I actually checked those, but that was something I thought I might have overlooked as well. Unfortunately, it did not work. My current working hypothesis was that the deleted posts that are in one of those locked topics in Questions might be the cause since they will forever remain unread. However, that can't be it if you are not getting it as well, unless you happened to read those two posts before they were deleted. Anyway, it's weird. One thing I haven't tried yet is logging out and back in again which I will try now.
Anders

Nope. Questions folder is still red. Very perplexing.
Anders

Posted: Apr 28, 2009
Okay, I read a few threads where the last post was by me, so technically impossible for them to have unread posts. Somehow that fixed the problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 28, 2009
There is a bug that we know about that can cause a forum to look like it is unread if there was an unread post that was deleted. This usually clears up after a few hours. It's on our to-do list to fix when we implement the "mark all as read" feature that has been requested a number of times.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.