ForumsQuestionsSaved Search on iOS

Saved Search on iOS
PT_Ken

Posted: May 21, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Hello. I love the Saved Search access on the iOS app. Is there any way to select a Saved Search as the Start Page? Even better, I'd love to select a different Saved Search as my Start Page based on location. When I'm at work, my work saved search would show when I open the app. If I go home, a different saved search would show when I open the app. ETC.

Is any on this planned for Toodledo on iOS?

Thanks!
Sabina A.

Posted: May 21, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

Thanks for the great suggestion. We can't comment on a time frame for implementation, but we'll consider this for a future update.
PT_Ken

Posted: May 22, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Sabina A.:
Hello,

Thanks for the great suggestion. We can't comment on a time frame for implementation, but we'll consider this for a future update.

Well, I guess that means I can't do it now! :) As long as I'm on the subject, I have three additional ideas.

1. A location based Start Page for any Start Page, not just a Saved Search.

2. The ability to simply set a Saved Search as a Start Page (seems obvious given my other request, but might as well state it explicitly).

3. Multiple schedule-based Start Pages. For example, I have a fairly regular schedule and I could see using different Start Pages at specific times. I leave for work at 5:00 AM (I know...) so a commuting search that shows me if there is something I need to take with me in the morning, including perhaps an umbrella (gleaned from IFTTT). I'm at work from 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM M-Th, so a saved search to manage my office work during those days/times, maybe ending at 4:30. At 4:30 switch to my commute saved search to show if I need to make any stops on the way home. At home, different start pages for weekday evenings and weekends, since some projects will only happen on a weekend, even though both searches would show the context of "home". I could expand on this, but I think it illustrates the concept.

I can see a use for both scheduled and location start pages at the same time. What if I take a day off work for a doctor's appointment. When I get home, of course I don't want my work start page since I'm not at work, so because the location does not coincide with the schedule, the location would override the schedule.

Just some ideas for an already fantastic system.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.