ForumsQuestionsShowing Empty Folders

Showing Empty Folders
taylora

Posted: May 22, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way for empty folders to show when I am in folder view? I am an attorney, and each client is a "folder." I like to review my case files once per week, but I can't really do that through folder view because if there is no task under a folder, the folder doesn't show up. Thanks!
Sabina A.

Posted: May 22, 2014
Hello,

It's not currently possible to view the divider of an empty folder. Try activating "List Counts" in your account settings. When you click on "Folder" on the left side menu, you'll see a list of your folders with a badge count of the items inside. Your empty folders will not have a badge count.

Hope this helps.
taylora

Posted: Jul 08, 2014
That doesn't really solve the problem. I want a list of all of my folders, with the tasks under them (if there are any) or without any tasks (if there aren't any). Seems simple enough.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 08, 2014
If you click on "Folders" in the "View By" section on the left side of the screen, it will show all the folders down the left side and you can then click to show the tasks in each one, even empty ones. That is the closest you can get right now to what you want.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jul 11, 2014
May not necessarily suit your thinking or workflow but if you want to see a list of all your clients/folders a workaround would be to add a dummy innocuous task in empty folders and give it a 0 or negative priority so that it always shows the folder and a 0 count (depending on your settings).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.