ForumsQuestionsReorganizing Toodledo

Reorganizing Toodledo
PT_Ken

Posted: May 25, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Hello. I am about to implement a major change to my Toodledo setup and approach to GTD. My question is if I change my folders, contexts, tags, etc. then what happens to all of my existing tasks, including the completed tasks? Do they retain the original setting, even if it no longer exists? Will they become blank if it no longer exists?

Thanks.
Sabina A.

Posted: May 27, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Hello,

If you delete a folder, context, or goal that is attached to a task, the field will become empty on active and completed tasks. If you would like to view this data in the future, you can archive folders and goals instead of deleting them. You can do this on the folders/goals management page under the "Organize" menu.

Hope that help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
If you delete a folder any task that was in that folder will become folderless (no folder). Same for context, goal and location.
PT_Ken

Okay, thank you for the information. Now that I understand about archiving folders, I need to ask why we don't also have that option for contexts which are also user defined?

For this particular reorganization it will not be a problem to lose contexts, but in the future I may decide to "tweak" my setup and I might want to preserve the previous contexts, particularly for completed tasks. This is mainly because I am integrating Toodledo into my work task management in addition to my personal task management.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Most people use Folders as Projects, so archiving a completed project makes sense, same for goals. However, contexts aren't usually used in this way. A context is usually something that spans all projects, so we didn't think it needed an archive functionality.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.