ForumsQuestionsZapier

Zapier
Kurt Jones

Posted: Jul 12, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I am using Zapier to update my Google Calendar whenever I enter a ToodleDo task with a "complete by" date.

While this works perfectly, if I include "Folder" in the data to be handed over the response is something like "8076872" rather than the folder name. I assume the number is ToodleDo's internal identifier for the folder but that's not much use to me! Is this the expected behaviour? Is the fix with you ToodleDo or should I be talking to Zapier?

Cheers
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 12, 2014
Zapier is in charge of the integration. We didn't know about it until it was released. Without knowing the internals of how they do it, I imagine that the number you see is the ID number for that folder. Our API provides way to translate ID numbers into their actual names. You will need to ask Zapier for assistance with this. I imagine that they could translate the IDs into folder names without much effort.

If Zapier doesn't work for you, you can try IFTTT as an alternative. We did the work on that one, and I know that the folder names translate. IFTTT can integrate with Google Calendar too.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2014.
Kurt Jones

Posted: Jul 14, 2014
Thanks Jake,

I've referred it back to Zapier.

I'm aware of IFTTT but it doesn't work with a mission critical services I use.

Cheers
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.