ForumsQuestionsHow can I assign a task to multiple goals?

How can I assign a task to multiple goals?
NorthWestAudioCraft

Posted: Jul 15, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
As far behind being "normal" at being organized, I have messes everywhere...in my head, on my desk, in my car, in my living room...

Resolving it won't be fast, but I have discovered that a lot of progress can be made if I focus on tasks which contribute to resolving more than one issue.

For instance, "Process left-front pile of paper on office desk" could contribute to: a) Catching up on back accounting, b) organizing the office c) transferring financial files to accountant...and so on.

Is there a way?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 15, 2014
Not currently with Goals, but you might consider using tags instead, which can have multiple per task.
NorthWestAudioCraft

Posted: Aug 31, 2014
Tried it also with contexts. I see now the overall picture of how this works. Logically, to the app, there is no difference between a context, goal, location, etc. They just provide handles by which we can sort our tasks into "what I want to know about now". Tags, apparently, are the only category of sub-division where a task is allowed to take on more than one value.

Now that I understand the big picture of how TD treats these various sub-divisions, I can re-arrange things appropriately.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.