ForumsQuestionsiOS Beta 4 Update- toodledo crashes upon opening

iOS Beta 4 Update- toodledo crashes upon opening
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jul 24, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I recently did the iOS 8 beta 4 update to my iPhone and iPad, but every time I try to run Toodledo on either device it crashes upon opening. I've tried some of your tips for restarting the phone, and re-installing the app, but nothing has worked thus far. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem??

Thanks!!

This message was edited Jul 24, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 25, 2014
Our app has not yet been updated to work with iOS 8 so it is likely that it will crash. We will resolve this issue before iOS 8 is released to the public.
aaelghat

Posted: Jul 27, 2014
Big Fred, the same thng happens to me, and I found a workaround if you just want to view your data.

It's definitely not ideal, but it works f you just want to reference your information.

It seems the crashing happens upon sync, so if you put your phone in airplane mode, that will automatically will turn off the sync process. You can go into ToodleDo, and view your information and it won't crash.

When your done you can turn off airplane mode. I'm hoping IOS Beta 5 has ToodleDo working again.
Bjørn

Posted: Aug 06, 2014
Still crashing on iOS 8 beta 5
Fred_Foote

Jake, is there an ITA on the iOS 8 problem? Seems like we might be in Beta 5 for two weeks, maybe another Beta, and then Gold Master. Will we have to wait over a month? I hope not!! Thanks!
Sabina A.

We're unable to comment on time frames, but we're working on it.
danya

Posted: Oct 18, 2014
Hi there,

Is there any update on this? I've been using Toodledo for years, it's butt ugly, but so functional. Unfortunately, there always seems to be this lag when an update comes out, with crashes and workarounds being the norm.

Time to jump ship I think :(

Dan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2014
When Apple releases a new OS, lots of apps break because Apple likes to change things. I personally always wait a month before upgrading any Apple OS for this reason. Last friday we submitted another update to Apple that fixes the known issues with iOS 8. We don't know long Apple will take to review this update. It could be 4-10 days.
rmbglobalre

Posted: Oct 25, 2014
Any update on IOS8 compatibility. I am long time user, dead in the water now - and I did wait a month :).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 25, 2014
Our latest update was released yesterday which fixes the known iOS8 issues.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.