ForumsQuestionsDetail about repeating tasks

Detail about repeating tasks
Peter Scott

Posted: Aug 14, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I would appreciate a pointer towards documentation that answers the following questions about repeating tasks:

1. When a task is completed, the next one is created. Is this done on the server or is it the responsibility of the client?

2. If the completion box is checked and then unchecked, does the new task created in (1) get removed? Is that removal the responsibility of the server or the client?

3. How are either of the previous two steps affected if the client is offline?

4. When a repeating task has repeating subtasks, does completing a subtask cause the next iteration to be created? Surely this could only be meaningful if it had a parent task, in which case wouldn't it not be created until the parent task was completed?

5. When a repeating parent task is completed, is the next iteration created with all its subtasks? Are those subtasks created in an uncompleted state regardless of their completion state? Or are they created with the same state they had in the parent? Or are only uncompleted subtasks created?

6. Do the answers to the last two questions change if the subtasks are set to repeat with parent?

7. What is the scenario for question (2) when the task has repeating subtasks?

This message was edited Aug 14, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 14, 2014
1) Server
2) removed by server
3) steps 1 and 2 will not happen until client goes online
4) It varies: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
5) http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
6) http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
7) subtasks will not get rewound to the previous state. This is on our todo list
ibothos

Posted: Aug 19, 2014
Hi,

I want to make a repeated task for the last weekday of a month for a 7 months period.

How can I express that ?

Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 19, 2014
It isn't currently possible to make a repeated task on the last week day of the month that last for only 7 months. This is more complicated than Toodledo can do right now. The best you could do is repeat on the 28th of each month, which will be +/- 2 days from the actual last weekday.
aromweis

Posted: Oct 03, 2014
I think my current situation might be related to ques 2 and 7 in the OP. I have a repeating task with 17 subtasks. Some of these subtasks were completed but most weren't. I decided to just mark the parent task completed and start all over. I then changed the due date of the parent task to today. I then completed 3 of the subtasks.

Amazingly, the web version of Toodledo was not sidetracked by all this foolishness. When I expand the parent task, it shows that 14 subtasks remain. (altho their due dates are Oct 17, even tho the parent's due date is today. I don't mind this if it doesn't mess anything up.)

The issue is that the Android Toodledo seems confused. It shows the parent due today, but when I expand, it only shows 9 subtasks left to do (the web one shows 14, which is correct). I have tried rebooting my entire tablet, refreshing, un-showing and reshowing subtasks, but the Android version stubbornly shows the wrong info.

When I Show Recently Completed Tasks, I see these missing subtasks with their previously completed dates. It seems that the completed subtasks were ignored when the parent and uncompleted ones got rescheduled.

What should I do now?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.