ForumsQuestionsTask type--calll a contact

Task type--calll a contact
nathan

Posted: May 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
My main reason for downloading the todo app on iphone is to allow my team to load phone calls for me to make while traveling.

It works great on iphone. You just select the task type as "call a contact" and the iphone will dial whatever number is put in task by pushing one button.

My problem is how to enter tasks on toodeldo.com and have them show up in iphone as task type for phone calls and not general tasks.

when synced as a general task the iphone doesn't recognize the number and won't dial it. You have to remember the number and then switch to phone screen and enter the number on keypad. This defeats the entire purpose.

Any help out there? Thanks
Anders

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure there is no way to do it. I know that there have been a lot requests for a similar feature in the official Toodledo app, and it may be possible if that becomes a reality, but even then, you may have to switch apps to make it sync right.
nathan

any suggestions on anything out there that might work for this purpose? thanks for quick response
Anders

Well, when Apple finally gets around to adding some basic features like cut and paste, hopefully this summer, that should make it easier. I can't think of any non-convoluted solution off the top of my head, but if you're into convoluted, there's this:
You could set up a google contacts for all to access, then sync it with your iphone using google sync. Your team could then add a task like "Call Mr. Soandso" and also add the number to the google contacts, then when you get the new task, you just convert it to a phone call task, and when you go to pick the contact, "Mr. Soandso" should be there in your contact list. Like I said, not quite perfect.
nathan

thanks Anders...good idea. I'll give that a go! Thanks again for the help
Anders

I found out about another option that has opened up. It would involve getting a different app, but I though I would let you know because it would cut out the google step. Pocket Informant has an iPhone app that also syncs tasks with Toodledo. They just released a list of stuff that will be possible in the next update which should be out soon. One of the things is that they are using the iPone webview for the notes field which means any phone number is detected as such, and can be called from within the task. Here is the specific post: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=14318&view=findpost&p=82912
FYI, though I love its calendar, I have been slightly underwhelmed to this point with PI's task management features, but some new sorting options in this update, and other enhancements to come may help some with that. I would say Todo (and Toodledo for that matter) is still bound to be a bit stronger though, at least for a while.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2009
The next update to our iPhone app will detect phone numbers in task notes and allow you to click to call.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.