ForumsQuestionsskype format for phone numbers

skype format for phone numbers
louise_1297540325

Posted: Aug 25, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Please tell me there's some way to disable the "feature" that automatically turns all phone numbers to the blue skype format. It's *awful*!!
Anytime I want to edit that phone number, I get a huge long string of gobblygook. Hunting through that gobblygook to find the phone number is so annoying, I've started adding extra spaces or alternate characters in between the numbers --just to keep them from turning BLUE.
Arrgh! What a ridiculous waste of time. Not only is this new feature not helpful, it is *really* irritating!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2014
Toodledo doesn't do this. Skype does this. To disable, you will need to remove or disable the Skype browser plugin that turns phone numbers into click-to-call links
gastfriend.david_1...

Posted: Jan 31, 2015
This was an insufficient answer - blaming this on Skype but not explaining how to fix it doesn't help. The problem is happening in only 1 single program or app of all the things I use on both Windows 7 and the Samsung (Android) Note 3. So HOW does one disable the Skype plug in...?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2015
Skype installs a plugin into your web browser that automatically looks for phone numbers in any webpage that you visit. If it finds a phone number it modifies the web page and turns that phone number into a special Skype button to make the call. This is handy if you use Skype, but unfortunately it causes many websites to break, including Toodledo.

The solution is to disable or remove the Skype plugin from your web browser.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.