ForumsQuestionsrepeating task on last day of every month

repeating task on last day of every month
gregg.plummer

Posted: Aug 25, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to create a task for paying my water bill to the local utility. They told me the bill is due 20 days from the 12th of every month. So, for this month (August, 2014) the next bill is due on September 2nd.

How can I define a repeating task to be due every month on the 12th plus 20?

That probably isn't possible, so is there a way to set it to repeat on the last day of every month. This way, I will probably always have enough time to make this payment by the 12th + 20. However, I can't seem to create a task that will repeat on the last (or 2nd to last) day of every month.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2014
You can't do exactly "The 12th of each month plus 20 days", but I think I can get you close.

20 days after the 12th would be the 32nd of the month. No month has 32 days, so this is always going to be near the beginning of the next month. Between the 1st and then 4th. So, I would make a task that repeats on the 1st of every month and that will get you really close and on shorter months you can pay the bill a few days early.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Sep 19, 2014
If you wanted it exactly on the correct day, I'd consider creating 12 tasks--1 for each month. I put Start Dates on my task, and typically filter to not show future tasks, so those wouldn't populate my screen until they were needed.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.