ForumsQuestionsRequest to reduce three-clicks to a single?

Request to reduce three-clicks to a single?
NorthWestAudioCraft

Posted: Aug 27, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I'm not sure how to word this correctly.

To change things like the priority of a task, its folder, goal, status, you have to click twice.

For instance, if a task's priority is 1 and I want to move it to 3, I have to first click on the "1 Medium" display, which turns the display into a pull-down box. Now I have to click a second time to read the list and click a THIRD time to select the new priority (e.g. 3 - Top).

Why would anybody click on the priority field, except to change it? So why require all these clicks?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 28, 2014
How would you suggest that we do it with 1 click? I can't think of a way. I can imagine 2 clicks, but not 1.
nobrandheroes

Posted: Aug 30, 2014
If I may chime in. The only way to have a one-click solution would be for the dropdown to appear on hover, which is probably worse in practice that most of us imagine, and inconsistent with the interface.
NorthWestAudioCraft

Posted: Aug 30, 2014
I can't recall quite what feature works this way, but there are already some things in TD that seem to work by simply moving the mouse away from a drop-down. Because it's not consistent, the ones I've encountered have been irritants, I suppose because they were things that I did not want to work this way.

Going to two-clicks would be WAY better, because (at least on Win7-64 and Firefox on several computers), there's a distinct time delay between click-and-highlight, and then click-and-dropdown. Normal rates of clicking functions result in unpredictable behavior...one must slow down.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.