ForumsQuestionsiPhone 5S / iOS8: Toodledo is not in the center of notifications

iPhone 5S / iOS8: Toodledo is not in the center of notifications
gabriele.toso

Posted: Oct 07, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
The App for iPhone does not allow you to Toodledo to access the notifications center.
In the settings you can not activate the banner in the center of notifications and notification does not appear in any way Toodledo icon.
The settings for notifications for iOS are correct but there is no way to activate them even in the phone.
The notification, however, operate regularly on iPad, PC and Android systems.
To get notifications must use the synchronization with Twitter.
Thank you for your attention.

Text translated by Google Translator)

This message was edited Oct 07, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2014
Toodledo can be in the notification center on iOS 8. Here are some instructions: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#85
mikejcostello

Posted: Oct 08, 2014
Posted by Jake:
Toodledo can be in the notification center on iOS 8. Here are some instructions: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#85

I think you might be mis-interpreting the poster's problem, as I am having the same issue too. On my iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2 with Toodledo up to date, when the app is installed and opened for the first time, there is no message to ask if you want to receive push notifications. (I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling more than once) Therefore, in settings, it does not appear in the list of apps that you can edit notifications for. I therefore receive no notifications for due tasks nor do I get the app badge (the latter of which is an acknowledged issue). This was also the case for Toodledo in iOS 8.0.2 prior to the latest update as of writing this.
I also have an iPad 4th generation running iOS 8.0.2 also with the latest version of Toodledo and that DOES NOT have the same problem. Toodledo appears in the notifications list of apps in settings and I also get alarms and the app badge.
I posted something about this here too... http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/19520/1/toodledo-ios8-update-sharing-outlines.html

To my untrained eye, it looks like part of the same problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 08, 2014
Toodledo will not automatically ask you for permission when it launches. It only asks for permission if you have enabled notifications in the settings section.
mikejcostello

Posted: Oct 09, 2014
Ok, well I'd enabled notifications in the settings section too and I still don't get the permission dialogue box and I'm unable to receive notifications on my iPhone 6.
mikejcostello

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and there's definitely no request for permission to send notifications occurring when I turn on Date Alarms in the settings section
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
jcperryman

Posted: Oct 14, 2014
I am having the same issue. Submitted a support ticket and waiting for a response.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2014
We are looking into it. It seems that if you have previously ever denied giving Toodledo permission to send alarms, that it might get stuck off with no way to turn back on. We'll get it fixed.
rcmccart

Posted: Oct 15, 2014
Great to hear! I'm having same problem. It's killing me.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Oct 15, 2014
Hello,

what I see is that Toodledo does not appear inside my notification settings
csrgonzalez

Posted: Oct 21, 2014
Hello Toodledo admin, I have the same problem, can't access to the notification center to active alarms, thank you for looking solution
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 21, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
junk_1356549382

Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Same issue, Iphone 6, Ios 8.1 (was also there on 8, 8.0.1, etc.

I will create a ticket if you like... ?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.