ForumsQuestionsRequest for functionality: Repeat annually on fixed date

Request for functionality: Repeat annually on fixed date
martina.andersten

Posted: Oct 13, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I saw an earlier post regarding this topic and I understand that it's currently not possible to set repeat to e g January 1st every year. I would however like to raise a request to include this functionality as I have many tasks of this kind which I currently need to clone or move one year.

Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 13, 2014
You can make a task that repeats on Jan 1 of each year. Set the due-date to Jan 1 and make it repeat "Yearly".

Hope that help
martina.andersten

Posted: Oct 20, 2014
Well, not quite. I often need to move due date to suit my current schedule, but I still want it to pop up on Jan 1st next year. Of course I can manage this manually, but the option to be able to set January 1st in the repeat field would make my life easier ;-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2014
I see. Our recommendation in these cases is to allow tasks to be overdue instead of moving the due-date forwards from day to day.
martina.andersten

Posted: Oct 21, 2014
I understand, however if I do as you suggest all my yearly tasks of this kind will be overdue, which means that I currently will have approx 40-50 tasks overdue. Not really my idea of a controlled to-do list. I can find ways around this problem, that is not the issue. The problem is that they are all manual, not automated.
So.... my request for adding this functionality to the tool remains.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 21, 2014
This is on our to-do list, but I cant comment on a timeframe for implementation.

One trick that may work for you.

1) when a yearly tasks needs to be temporarily rescheduled, clone the task and reschedule the clone
2) Then check off the original so that it will go to next year at the original date.
3) then change the clone to no longer repeat. When you check it off it will just go away leaving the original.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.