ForumsQuestionsUsing Lists as Food Diary

Using Lists as Food Diary
Jed Jordan

Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Apologies in advance if this kind of thing has been asked and answered already.

I'd like to use the Lists as a Food Diary, specifically keeping track of how many servings of different food groups I eat in a day or a week.

I've added a "category" column to the provided template with drop down list of the groups (meat, grain, cheese, etc). Am I right in understanding that items only get added to the drop down list once a row gets filled in actually using that word? (i.e. I cannot set up a list of choices in advance?)

Anyway, what I'd like to be able to do is then count the number of times each category appears in a given time frame.

So, for example, say it's Wednesday and I'm wondering whether I've already eaten too much liver this week. (grin) I know that I want to have 4-6 servings of meat each week. Is there any way to query a list to find out where I am in relation to my target?

I suspect this is beyond the scope of Toodledo Lists, but I just thought I should ask before giving up.

Thanks for any tips!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
This is a little beyond the scope of Lists right now. We can't count the number of rows that have a certain value, however you can filter the list based on a certain value and then count the number of rows yourself.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.