ForumsQuestionsFailing to Delete Folders & Contexts

Failing to Delete Folders & Contexts
Tony Johnson

Posted: May 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've only just signed up and so was keen to get started. Added some Projects, Contexts and Tasks synched with iPhone etc.

Have found that the site does "hang" quite often (in fact too often really) when changing views and i only have 3-4 tasks. I am the impatient type so usually close and re-open the window.

My issue now is that i want to get serious and set up the desktop in a more planned way. I cannot seem to delete the old projects and contexts. I hit the trash can icon, the item disappears; I then hit the "Save" button which immediately reponds done. However, when I come back to either the folder or context window the old item has re-appeared.

Using IE 6. Whilst i'm impressed with the application the two issues above would stop me from becoming a subscriber.
Anders

To be honest the "hanging" thing does not seem to happen much. I only noticed today for the first and only time, and I have a feeling that was actually the Google bot coming through.

The Folder/Context nondeletion is very weird. I tried, but cannot reproduce it with folders I create on the website or on the iPhone. Just to be clear, you are going into the main Folder management screen accessed from the left pane, clicking the trashcan, clicking OK in the confirmation popup, and when you navigate away from that screen and back, the deleted folder has returned?
I know that hitting save is unnecessary, and while I can't see how that could cause a problem, you might want to try without that step. (Save is just for rearranging, etc., not adding or deleting)

Edit: BTW, just another thought, but you might try deleting the folders/contexts from the iPhone. If that works, I would definitely bet money on it being an IE issue.

This message was edited May 06, 2009.
Tony Johnson

Thanks for the response. I've just signed on at home and have deleted the folders and contexts with no problem. I can only assume it is IE6 (I use IE7 at home) and that my home ADSL is faster than the corporate internet connection I use at work.
All good now, so looks like i'll do the hard work at home and use the iPhone at work once the projects/tasks are already created.

Vin Thomas

Score: 1 Reference
Is there a reason why you don't use Firefox or Safari? IE6 and IE7 both have issues with a lot of websites. If you want sites to work how they were supposed to work, you'd have much better luck with Firefox. Plus you would have access to the awesome addon by Toodledo.
Anders

Posted by Vin Thomas:
If you want sites to work how they were supposed to work, you'd have much better luck with Firefox.

Vin speaks the truth (except for the Safari part). There is no reason at all to willingly use IE anymore. Used to be necessary for Microsoft update, etc. but that is not so much the case anymore, and there's always the IE Tab FF addon anyway.

Jake

Toodledo Founder
IE6 is more than 8 years old, and is widely regarded to be the worst browser in history, but it should still work (mostly) with Toodledo. I am surprised that deleting folders/contexts from IE6 doesn't work. We'll look into it.

In the meantime, at least upgrade to IE8 (you can skip over IE7) or Firefox, Chrome, Safari or anything else made in the last few years. You might also check if you are syncing with anything, that the thing you are syncing with isn't re-adding the folders/contexts.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.