ForumsQuestions2 quick suggestions for igoogle widget

2 quick suggestions for igoogle widget
arries12

Posted: May 07, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hello, I have two quick suggestions/questions. I'll send you an actual feature request, but wanted to post here in case the program already supports this and I'm missing something:

1) Including "All Tasks" as a default startlist option

2) Re-configuring the buttons on top of the widget, so that:

Button one (home icon) takes you to the main screen (clicking toodledo icon does that now)

Button two (list icon) takes you to your default list/startpage (from anywhere, which would be handy)

Button three (toodledo icon) takes you to the website, for more detailed entries/work.

Superb program- keep up the good work!

This message was edited May 07, 2009.
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
I agree that "All Tasks" should be an option for the start list.

I'm a bit confused about your buttons. Your gadget seems to be a bit different from mine. Above the window is a link that says "Toodledo - Your to do list" which takes me to the full site (you seem to have a "home icon"?). The Toodledo logo takes me to the gadget home page. I don't see a "list icon" at all, or were you just suggesting they add that.

FYI, I have read that Toodledo prefers that suggestions only be entered once. Whether you do it here or through the contact page, they will still get it.
arries12

Thanks, you answered my question- didn't realize clicking that top bar linked to the website. I was suggesting a sleeker, more efficient use of space, so instead of the large "Toodledo" icon (which now links to the gadget home page) they could have:

A "Home" icon- which links to gadget homepage
A "List" icon- which links to your default list
And maybe the toodledo icon, which would link to the website... or there are other good options, like the settings button, or take your pick... any of these combinations would be a sleeker UI

Don't get me wrong- it's the most promising to-do program I've seen yet, but with some EASY polishing it would be fantastic.
Anders

Thanks for clarifying. I like your ideas. The thing about the Toodledo logo is that the gadget is basically a window containing the slim website http://www.toodledo.com/slim, and I think most websites like to have their logo at least somewhat prominently displayed. However, maybe a button to toggle it kind of like the button used for minimizing the left pane of the full website. It does take up an awful lot of room in a little gadget.
Anders

You know, thinking about this, the Toodledo logo is really redundant in taking you to the front page since if you are anywhere else, you can click "top" to get there. Maybe that should take you to your default start list.
arries12

Exactly- redundant and LARGE. Now that I've spent more than 5 minutes (about 20 now) playing around with this, I can see there's LOTS of room for UI improvements.

I'll keep using gcal & gmail as my to-do list, maybe revisit this in a few months to see if they've refined it. Someone must be close to cracking the code on a simple, flexible, useful task program. There are dozens of these apps/widgets/sites out there, and they all have serious deficiencies of one kind or another.

It's days like this I wish I knew how to program!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.