ForumsQuestionsTasks that don't appear on the web page?

Tasks that don't appear on the web page?
J

Posted: Nov 24, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
A large number of tasks appear on all three of my iOS devices, even after I "Force ToodleDo->Device sync" (so I know they're in the ToodleDo database), but they do not appear on the web site. If I edit them on any of the mobile devices (say, append a space to the description), they become visible on the web site.

I have tried creating a filter (say, for a single context) and then clicking the link to remove all filters, but that doesn't help. The tasks show up on the Search page, and the replicate down to mobile devices, so, as I said, I know they're in the database. But they don't show up on the Tasks tab Main view unless I modify them in some way.

Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions on how to resolve it other than manually comparing my mobile task list to the web task list and editing every missing task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 24, 2014
What is probably happening is that the task is being hidden by a filter here on Toodledo.

Try this:

1) Click on the "All Tasks" option in the left column of Toodledo when viewing your tasks.
2) Click the "Show" button in the blue toolbar above your list and make sure all the checkboxes are checked.
J

Posted: Nov 26, 2014
Thanks, Jake, but I have no idea what's going on. As I mentioned in my ticket (which doesn't seem to have posted - not sure what happened there), if I *add* a filter (say, for a single context), and then click on the "Turn Off Filters" link at the bottom, the items are still missing. Is that not an acceptable way to turn off all filters?

At any rate, per your note, when I clicked on "All Tasks", they were all there, even before I did anything under the "Show" button. So I clicked back on "View By: Main" (still without changing any filters) and they were all still there. I don't know why simply clicking on All Tasks and then on Main would fix it, but it seems to have done so for the moment.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2014
You were probably looking at a list that didn't include those tasks. For example, maybe you were looking at the "Hotlist" which only shows a subset of your tasks. By clicking on "All Tasks" you switched into the list that contains all your tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.