ForumsQuestionsNo subtasks when using the scheduler?

No subtasks when using the scheduler?
a-k

Posted: Nov 26, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I have a parent tasks (it got the default length of 30 min.) and put three subtasks under it, each 30 min. long. When I start the scheduler to get tasks for the next 2 hours, I only get the parent task, but none of the subtasks. But I can only complete the parent task if I completed each subtask. Something wrong in my configuration or is the scheduler wrong?

Anne
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2014
The scheduler doesn't know that your subtasks need to be done before the parent task. This is a concept called "Task Dependency" that Toodledo does not yet support (although its on our todo list). If you have a parent task that is just a container for the subtasks, you could give that parent task a length that is the sum of it's subtasks, which should help the scheduler display it more accurately. Having Toodledo automatically sum the lengths of the subtasks and put that into the parent's length is also something that is on our to-do list for a future update.
a-k

Posted: Nov 27, 2014
Thank you for your reply. Good to know that task dependency is on your to-do list - this is exactly what I imagined when I started using subtasks. Unfortunately your suggested workaround is not working for me because then some parent tasks will be too long to be done in one sitting and would never be displayed. I guess I will delete the parent tasks and rename the subtasks accordingly.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 01, 2014
Important note: Dependencies have been on "the List" for at least 4 years now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.