ForumsQuestionsHow do I get just one Task to print?

How do I get just one Task to print?
Tallwide

Posted: Dec 08, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I often use the Notes field of a Task to remind myself of what all needs to be done with that particular Task, or what actions have been taken before, or what contacts have already been made, etc.

Sometimes it'd be nice to be able to print a sheet with all that info on it. Seems like I used to know how to do it, but I've forgotten. Refresher, please? Thanks.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2014
Tallwide

Posted: Dec 09, 2014
Ah, yes, that was it, thanks.

Only problem with that, though, is if there's a lot of text on any lines, the print will truncate the text. (That is, it doesn't display after it's been entered the same as it looks while editing - which appears to be the old Pica type.) Is there a ready workaround for that, or is the solution to force line breaks so it all fits?

Again, thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 09, 2014
You could try switching your list into "multi-line" view using the icon in the toolbar that looks 6 horizontal lines.
Tallwide

Posted: Dec 12, 2014
When I do "multi-line" view in Settings, Notes don't show up AT ALL -- not in Permanent Link, not even in the Task list! The only way I've been able to get a print of everything (Task and Notes) is to do a copy and paste into a word processor. This works, but obviously is very clunky, so was hoping I could do an Isolate a Task AND print just that Task and its Note from within TD. Thanks to your reminder, I can do the Permanent Link and thereby isolate the Task, but printing it - or even reading it on the screen for that matter - is what I've not been able to do.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 15, 2014
Toodledo wasn't really designed for printing, since our goal was to replace paper todo lists, be we do plan to enhance printing support in the future.

When you are in multi-line view if you click the triangle next to the task on the left side, it will reveal the note and all the task's details.
Tallwide

Posted: Dec 17, 2014
I understand the non-paper orientation, but if I have a lot of notes on a task, I've had to print the task out for coworkers sometimes. I guess I can change the Settings when I have a need to print a Task to display multi-line, hit the triangle, print, then change the display back to one line. Having the Note icon on the one-line screen has a lot of value to me.

Or, I can just do the Copy and Paste into a Word Processor, as above.

Just wanted to check if I was "holding my tongue wrong" and there was an easier way to accomplish a print. Thanks for the info, Jake!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.