ForumsQuestionsSaved search = different results on laptop and on ipad mini app

Saved search = different results on laptop and on ipad mini app
cbernard

Posted: Dec 10, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
After years of using Toodledo, I'm trying to get deeper into the program and yield a more effective To Do list for myself.

In searching I came across "A Better Hotlist" which seemed to fit some of my needs - http://www.bachyaproductions.com/better-hotlist-update/

As a test I copied the search exactly and did some reorganizing according to the suggestions on the website, and it's close to what I'll need, except the same saved search is yielding different results on different platforms! My desktop looks good and is yielding the results I'd expect, but on my ipad mini running the current os and Toodledo app, I'm getting all of the tasks due the next day in addition to my expected results.

Both are set up to hide completed tasks, neg priority, future tasks and deferred status. Both are sorted by priority, context and due date.

Is there another setting somewhere that would cause the iPad mini to show the tasks for the next day using the above referenced search?

Thanks!

cb

Added 12/11 - when I opened the search on my iPad this morning, tomorrow's tasks were no longer included in the search....odd.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2014.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 11, 2014
Have you checked your filters to make sure they're the same?
cbernard

Hi Salgud,

Yes, everything was checked and everything was the same....but as I added in my PS, oddly, today, with nothing changed, the "tomorrow" tasks were gone on the iPad mini app. So I'll just keep an eye on it I guess....

cb
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This might be fixed in our next update. There was an issue with timezones not being calculated properly in saved searches on the iPhone that we fixed. Not sure if this is what is causing your problem, but it might be.
cbernard

Hi Jake,

Thanks, that would make sense. I'll let you know if see any other weird behavior along those lines.

cb
cbernard

Posted: Dec 12, 2014
Just curious - given the search I'm using, is there a modification that would exclude completed tasks without resorting to excluding them in the sort drop down? Mostly this list works for me, but it would be helpful to see the actual number of current tasks excluded - right now it shows 760 becaus of all the completed tasks....

I played with the search settings a bit, but I'm new to using them and could figure out a set of parameters that worked, there are so many!!

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 12, 2014
There is a search term for "completed=no" that I think will do what you are asking for.
cbernard

Posted: Dec 13, 2014
Thanks Jake - more inconsistent behavior between the iPad mini and my laptop showed up today....looking at the ipad, a task I knew should be on the list for today was missing, so I crossed checked against the browser on the mini and my browser on my laptop and both yielded different results from the Toodledo do app, both for my saved search AND in the due date "today" list....???

Due date, today yields 2 high priority tasks in the app, the browser yields 4. But I just saw the problem!! The app is not seeing sub tasks correctly. 2 of today's tasks are subtasks - they are showing in the browser but not in the app. Kind of a biggie. Support ticket is 53621...sorry about the image uploads, no way to see them clearly on the iPad,and no way to delete them if they are the wrong image. Only pay attention to the due date browser and app images.

Thanks!

cb

This message was edited Dec 13, 2014.
cbernard

Posted: Dec 13, 2014
Hey Jake - one more thing....subtasks are showin on my iPhone app in the due date, today list...so the only place they are missing is the iPad app. There is also one medium priority task that Ian't showing in the ipad....

But what's really weird is the application badge on both devices is showing 19 tasks. So the badge sees them, but the iPad app doesn't, counting the tasks in the app totals 16.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 15, 2014
Sounds like your filters are hiding subtasks maybe. Or it could be that your app got out of sync. I'll follow up in the support ticket.
bottsward

Posted: Jan 23, 2015
wondering when you will fix the tasks/subtasks issue on the iPhone app? subtasks don't appear under the main task. the desktop version is beautiful but it doesn't sync to the iPhone app the same way and i see no options to organize on the app. please help!!
bottsward

I've found also that when refreshing my desktop version the tasks and subtasks separated again even though i organized them last time...now i have to do it again??
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Check your subtask display options in the "show" menu and make sure its set the way you want them to be by default. We do play to bring indented subtasks to the iOS app in a future update.
bottsward

Posted: Jan 24, 2015
thanks. i don't even mind if they are not indented (although that would be nice) but i just want them to be under the master task not in a randomly jumbled order. it takes the subtask and disengages it from its parent. it would be nice if this was top on your to do list!!! i can see people have been asking it about it for a long time. do you have an estimated date? i might cancel my gold membership and rejoin when you have fixed this. also i would use lists but it doesn't appear on iPhone app...am i right? thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2015
There is an option to hide subtasks from the list, in which case you can go into the parent task to see the subtasks in one place, in the proper order. Having indented subtasks is on our todo list but we do not have an ETA at this time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.