ForumsQuestionsmultilayered tabbed viewing

multilayered tabbed viewing
HansD

Posted: May 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I like the current tab display (eg view by folder, all folders have their own tab).

For me it would be a help if this can be nested, eg view by folder tab and below i can do eg by context or tag (and perhaps some more). Being able to make these nesting sticky, eg keep the nesting while switching the tab or type of view on a higher level.

(imagines an overflowing folder of user requests for toodledo)
Anders

I think I see what you're getting at, but can't you achieve basically the same thing by using the sort features. For example in folder view look at whatever folder you are interested in, and then if you want to see tasks by context, sort first by context. If you only want to focus on one context, you can collapse the rest.
HansD

Sort is not quite the same, this is more like quick filtering and not being distracted by the other tasks
Anders

Yes, I can see that it would be better, but if you can keep from getting distracted for just a second while you hit toggle dividers, then you can just open whichever context you want to see. I'm not trying to say your idea wouldn't be useful, just that there are some okay ways of doing that now.
HansD

Hi Anders, absolutely there are more ways. So it's no problem for me if it isn't coming. And if I don't ask, it it less likely to come :-)

Toggle dividers comes some way, but after sorting/filtering on another colum I have to redo the toggle dividers and reopening.
Currently tags have an 'issue' when a task has multiple tags.
Multilevel sorting/filtering is easier with this kind of nested tabbing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.