ForumsQuestionsCustom Priorities

Custom Priorities
pmifsud

Posted: Dec 22, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I would like to create more priorities than the standard High, Medium, etc. because those options are specific enough. I would like to use letters or numbers to sort by exact priority. How can I do that or something similar to that? Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
You can't modify the priority field, but you could use the 'tag' field for this purpose, or if you are not already using folder or context, you could repurpose those fields for your needs.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Posted by pmifsud:
I would like to create more priorities than the standard High, Medium, etc. because those options are specific enough. I would like to use letters or numbers to sort by exact priority. How can I do that or something similar to that? Thanks.

+1 Would be great to have a drop-down menu numbers field to sort out hot-list tasks in a 'preferred sequence of doing'. Other fields are used for their intended purpose, Multiple Tags get bunched together and Start times are inconvenient as they are not drop-down menu options.
M

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
I kind of like this -- not just for priorities but, if it was a generic incremental or drop-down number field, I could use it to quickly track "days skipped" on tasks, to see which ones I'm "accidentally" determining are NOT high-priority.
G42guy

Posted: Mar 04, 2015
I Agree! Custom would be VERY helpful for me...Billed, Billed to date, Morning, PM, etc...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 04, 2015
That is a perfect use for tags.
M

Posted: Mar 10, 2015
Jake,
Which of those is a perfect use for tags?

My desired use of a "drop-down numbers field" is unwieldy with tags. I end up with way too many tags!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What I meant was "Billed, Billed to date, Morning, PM" are good tags.

If you are trying to manually sort your tasks by assigning each one a number, you can do this by putting the number in front of the task name and sorting alphabetically.

000001 Buy Milk
000002 Finish project
etc
coolexplorer

Posted by Jake:

If you are trying to manually sort your tasks by assigning each one a number, you can do this by putting the number in front of the task name and sorting alphabetically.

000001 Buy Milk
000002 Finish project
etc

Come on Jake, that's just too much of a work-around. :)
What some of us need is a way of assigning only those tasks in our native and custom Hotlist to a specific sequence of tackling so that we don't have to reassess what to do next each time a task is done. Maybe just numbers from 1 to 20 for those selected for the day. The rest of the tasks can follow TDs inherent logic of prioritization.
I appreciate that it might be easier to request than to program as it could be an exception to TDs inherent logic.

As a work-around I sometimes apply a starting time without a date and sort them by that, but that takes many steps. It is OK for setting a daily routine, but not for simple tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback. Currently, there is no way to manually sort tasks. You can manually sort subtasks, or you can use the numbering trick that I mentioned above as a work around.

Manually reordering tasks is something that is on our todo list, but isn't a simple thing to implement.
M

Posted: Mar 12, 2015
And, though I've requested this before and I don't believe it's being considered, my need for a number field is NOT about sorting.

<>
yso

Posted: Mar 13, 2015
I totally agree that we need a value sorting field. If other app provide this function, I will drop my yearly support to Toodledo
djahan86

Posted: Apr 11, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I really also need manual sorting by drag and drop for normal tasks. Please.

You can make it change the attributes that have been chosen for a sorting.

For example:

If due time has been chosen: dragging a 6 pm task above a 5 pm task and under a 3 pm task, automatically makes it a 4 pm task.

You can let us have that as an option to choose.

As a second option you can let us have manual sorting without TD saving the result for a future use.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2015.
tobi_home_2

Posted: Sep 23, 2015
I would love to have custom priorities (or at least more levels) because I use Toodledo together with PlanMyDay. And this app does sorting by priority or manually only.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.