ForumsQuestionsRepeating Tasks with Subtasks

Repeating Tasks with Subtasks
MichaelDBarrett1

Posted: Dec 29, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
This is a 2-part question about tasks with subtasks:

When I complete all the Subtasks under a main task, I would expect the main task to automatically show completed. I mean, what's the point of a main task sitting there when all the Subtasks are complete? Anyway, what option can I set to make this happen?

Conversely, when I mark a main task completed, the web site automatically marks the subtasks completed (as it should). When I refresh the screen, the main task is gone (as expected), but the subtasks are still there. How can I fix this so the sub tasks go away when the main task is marked completed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 29, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
1) We do not automatically complete the parent when it's subtasks are completed because we don't know that the task is really done. You may want to add a new subtask, or may have some extra step to take to really complete the final task.

2) When you mark a parent completed, it will mark the children completed as well. If you have the "hide completed tasks" filter turned on in the "show" menu, then these subtasks should be hidden as well. If they are not, perhaps they are repeating tasks that got rescheduled and it is the future version of the subtask that is still showing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.