ForumsQuestionsParent and subtasks function errors on official Android app

Parent and subtasks function errors on official Android app
ozank94

Posted: Jan 07, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not a bug but rather a lack: in the site, you can view your subtasks under your parent tasks. However, in the app, each subtask is displayed as an individual task, even though it comes with a symbol signaling that it's either a parent or subtask.

I'd like to be able to view my subtasks under their parent tasks just like in the site version, it's much neater. What would be the point otherwise of this feature if you take out its organisational benefit?

Besides, you can "promote" a subtask to a task but you cannot "demote" it back to being a subtask of a parent task. Similarly, you cannot drag a task and assign it as a subtask to a task that would then get promoted as parent task...

I gave just today a test drive of the subtask feature and I'd love to see these features added in the future to the official Toodledo android app.

Thanks for your consideration.

NB: are there no video tutorials for the official Toodledo android app? the Google play description page makes so much promises but I still couldn't figure out how to use all of the promised functionalities.

For example, the "Alarm" feature isn't to be found anywhere in the app...

You should create 1 video for each feature of the Android app, just like you did for the website.

Apart from all that, I LOVE Toodledo. Keep up the good work ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
You can change how subtasks are viewed by selecting the "show" option from the in-app menu.

The alarm feature is also available, but you may need to enable this field first in the settings section of the app.

We do plan to make some tutorial videos.

Thanks
jukeboxjulie11

Posted: Feb 12, 2015
how can you collapse and expand subtasks under a parent task when showing as "hidden' ?

You can do sorta it in ios (select the subtasks symbol and it switches to show the list of subtasks ) so how come not on android ?

I have a lot of tasks I manage and seeing all the subtasks as indented is too much for a small screen.

Please advise.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 12, 2015
Improved subtask functionality is planned for a future update of the Android app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.