ForumsQuestionsrepeating: correcting for weekends

repeating: correcting for weekends
gpisner

Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
There is a chronic problem with recurring appointments and there may be a solution, but it is not clear to me.

Here is the problem:

We (Everyone)have/has recurring monthly bills and filings that must be paid or filed during weekdays, when businesses or bank are open.

If I set the due date for the 5th of the month, every month, there will be times when the 5th is on a Saturday or Sunday.

Banks, governments, and businesses will treat a payment or a filing on a Saturday or Sunday at a payment or filing made on a Monday (the first business day), so if we use the recurring due date, we are going to have a late payment or late filing problem.

You also have a frequent situation where something has a recurrent due date that lands on a weekend and the due date is extended to the following Monday by a rule, contract, or law. Examples: Federal Taxes and court filings.

Manually correcting for weekends, for recurring tasks, is very time consuming and error prone.

Is there a way to deal with these recurrent task weekend problems?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
There are two things that I could suggest.

1) You could set the task to repeat on "The 1st friday of each month" which will ensure that it is a weekday.
2) You could set the task to be due 3 days before it's actually due so that you have a little time to pay it early and not run the risk of being late.

What you really want is a rule like:
"On the 5th of each month or the previous weekday"
"On April 3rd or the next weekday"
We don't support this type of thing yet.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.